In order for Teams to become the ultimate collaborative working tool for business, it only makes sense that it has been designed to integrate with the most popular software and digital applications around. So, when it comes to WordPress, the millions of website administrators and developers around the world can rest assured that Microsoft Teams is, quite simply, made to integrate with it.
How does it work?
Essentially, this simple integration enables users to ensure that all their content, tools and communications are in the space workspace, as part of the Office 365 package. Teams for WordPress can be used to send WordPress specific data (events and orders, for instance) to a dedicated Teams channel.
How this works, as with other similar integrations, is the data being formatted as an adaptive card, specific to the content recipient. The result is a seamless integration between Teams and WordPress (or many other applications), and the same level of performance on every platform. A plugin will be required, as any regular WordPress user would expect, but the outcome is certainly worth the extra cost and effort.
Something as simple as creating an event in your Office 365 Calendar will automatically create a draft blog post in your WordPress setup – copying all the salient details across in the process. Then, you would simply add any extra information you require, hit publish, and you’ll have an event scheduled, and a post entailing what’s involved, in next to no time at all.
How to integrate Microsoft Teams with WordPress
- Step 1 is to let us know your implementation needs. You will need to have the following information to hand at the time:
- An Office 365 Account with Global Administrator access for your business
- WordPress Administration and WordPress ftp access
- Basic / http authentication enables, should you wish to write data to WordPress types
- Step 2 is to organise an agreed date and time within your organisation for the integration to take place.
- Step 3 involves a simple screen-sharing application process between you and us to perform the implementation, and get everything set up at the agreed date and time.
- Step 4 is you and every other WordPress user within your business enjoying the collaboration between Microsoft Teams and WordPress:
- Users will be able to create and manage multiple WordPress connections with Microsoft Teams
- Notifications between Teams and WordPress will be easily customisable
- Data handling can also be simply customised by using conditional logic
Ready to get started? Give us a call
If you already have a WordPress account, and Office 365 subscription with Addin 365, you’re already most of the way there. However, if you haven’t yet experienced Office 365 for Business, but are interested in the prospect of making the management of your WordPress site simpler, you’re also welcome to give us a call.